Playing Games

Just a couple of progress updates, starting with the continued darkening of Zoey's previously snow white muzzle...

My vet assures me it is an unusual but not totally abnormal side effect of chemo. We will take it, since the other "side effect" is continued remission.

My other progress report is that Sparkle is not yet in season, which is excellent news due to commitments and DH's travel and etc..

You know that game sometimes played at fairs where a cow is let loose in a field of numbers, and the number holder for whichever number her -- ahem -- "bleep" lands in is a winner? (Okay -- maybe a Montana thing???!!). Anyway, I feel like we are playing that with the calendar, just waiting to find out which date the inconvenience is going to splat on...

My number is March 4 -- the travel/being gone will be a smaller and less stinky pile of inconvenience if March 4 is the winner! Come on, March 4!

Have a lovely and highly convenient day.

by Deb on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 12:59

Cheering for whatever day leads to a happy outcome of healthy Sparkle and Sparklers 2.0.

by Lori S. on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 15:55

I seem to remember the last time you needed someone to come into season a few weeks out and posted about it, she came in within a couple of days. Just sayin'

by Mary-Ann on Thu, 02/08/2018 - 04:34

If she does, I shall blame you for bringing that up ;)

by CA Heidi on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 16:09

MAYBE PUPPIES!!!

by Frankie G on Thu, 02/08/2018 - 09:36

FWIW, when my yorkie went through chemo for lymphoma, his coat color and texture both changed significantly. He went from light tan and silver to orange and charcoal. Texture went from fine and silky to coarse and wiry. It will pass. Congratulations on taking such good care of Zoey and wishing you continued good results!

by Mari on Sat, 02/10/2018 - 11:42

My mother-in-law went through treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma some years ago. She is just a few months shy of her 80th birthday and has nary a gray hair. I just wonder if that side effect from treatment can happen in humans, too?
Anyways, keep on fighting Zoey and team - we are all with you!